Last Updated: 04/18/2019
What Information We Collect
- (a) Information You Provide to Us
We may ask you to provide us: (i) your first and last name, email address, home or other mailing and billing addresses, telephone number, mobile number, credit and debit card numbers and date of birth or other information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally (hereinafter "Personal Information"); and / or (ii) demographic information, such as information like your gender and date of birth ("Demographic Information"). We may collect this information when you:
- Make a purchase or place an order at our Store, through the Site or by phone;
- Submit account registration forms or otherwise save your information with us on our Site;
- Apply for a credit card;
- Sign up or request to be placed on our mailing, SMS/text and/or email marketing lists;
- Sign up for a loyalty program;
- Participate in a survey or Promotion (defined below);
- Contact us regarding a question or concern such as when you make inquiries concerning our merchandise or services;
- Participate in any location services we offer (e.g., to provide you with information about new Store openings near you and inform you of new products and promotions that may be of interest to you based on your location);
- Submit an application for employment; and or
- Otherwise interact with Company, the Site or a Store.
Your decision to provide us with information is voluntary, but if you choose not to provide any requested information you may not be able to take advantage of all of the Site's features, including purchasing products.
- (b) General Browsing
In addition to information that you choose to submit to us, we and/or our service providers may automatically collect and/or store certain information when you visit or interact with the Site ("Usage Information"). This Usage Information may be stored and/or accessed from your personal computer, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (a "Device") whenever you visit or interact with our Site. Usage Information may include:
- your IP address, UDID or other unique identifier ("Device Identifier");
- your Device functionality (including browser, operating system, hardware, mobile network information);
- the areas within our Site that you visit and your activities there, including remembering you and your preferences;
- your Device location;
- your Device characteristics; and
- certain other Device data, including the time of day you visit our Site.
We may use various methods and technologies to store or collect Usage Information ("Tracking Technologies"). Tracking Technologies may set, change, alter or modify settings or configurations on your Device. A few of the Tracking Technologies used on the Site, include, without limitation, the following (and subsequent technology and methods later developed):
- Cookies. A cookie is a file placed on a Device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information on your Device. Our Site may use HTTP cookies, HTML5 cookies, Flash cookies and other types of cookie technology to store information on local storage.
- Web Beacons. A Web Beacon is a small tag (which may be invisible to you) that may be placed on our Site's pages and messages.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links you click on.
- ETag, or entity tag. An Etag or entity tag is a feature of the cache in browsers. It is an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL.
- Browser Fingerprinting. Collection and analysis of information from your Device, such as, without limitation, your operating system, plug-ins, system fonts and other data, for purposes of identification.
- Recognition Technologies. Technologies, including application of statistical probability to data sets, which attempt to recognize or make assumptions about users and devices (e.g., that a user of multiple devices is the same user).
We may use Tracking Technologies for a variety of purposes, including:
- To allow you to use and access the Site, including for the prevention of fraudulent activity and improved security functionality or to allow you to make use of shopping cart functionality;
- To assess the performance of the Site, including as part of our analytic practices or otherwise to improve the content, products or services offered through the Site;
- To offer you enhanced functionality when accessing the Site, including identifying you when you sign-in to our Site or keeping track of your specified preferences or to track your online activities over time and across third-party sites; and
- To deliver content, including ads, relevant to your interests on our Site and third-party sites based on how you interact with our advertisements and/or content.
- (d) Information We Collect When You Interact with Third-Party Sites
Why We Collect Information
We may use your Personal Information, Demographic Information or Usage Information for various purposes, including:
- Processing, tracking and completing purchase, return and similar transactions;
- Sending you marketing information about Company and other third parties we work with, including through direct mail offerings;
- Sending you email communications such as electronic newsletters about our products, services, events, loyalty programs and Promotions;
- Enabling you to participate in the Site's features such as surveys and Promotions;
- Improving the effectiveness of our Site, marketing endeavors and service offerings;
- Offering you location-based services (e.g., to provide you with information about new Store openings near you);
- Processing account registration;
- Providing customer service, including responding to your inquiries regarding our merchandise or services;
- Notifying you of product recalls or providing other information concerning products you have purchased;
- Identifying your product and service preferences, providing personalized content and ads and informing you of new or additional products, services and Promotions that may be of interest to you;
- Helping us address problems with and improve our Site and our merchandise and services;
- Providing mobile marketing messages and other communications and messages;
- Protecting the security and integrity of the Site;
- For internal business purposes; and
When We Disclose Information
- (a) Third Parties Providing Services to Company. We may use third-party service providers to perform certain services on behalf of us or the Site, such as: (i) to assist us in Site operations; (ii) to manage a database of customer information; (iii) hosting the Site; (iv) designing and or operating the Site's features; (v) tracking the Site's activities and analytics; (vi) enabling us to send you special offers or perform other administrative services; and (vii) other services designed to assist us in maximizing our business potential. We may provide these vendors with access to user information to carry out the services they are performing for you or for us.
- (d) Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions. We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (any, a "Promotion") through the Site, in the Stores or through one of our social media pages that may require registration. If you choose to enter a Promotion, Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion's official rules, such as on a winner's list.
Ads and Information About You
You may see certain ads on other websites because we participate in advertising networks administered by third parties. These networks track your online activities over time and across third party websites and online services by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of the Tracking Technologies described above, and they use this information to show you advertisements that are tailored to your individual interests. The information they collect includes information about your visits to our Site, such as the pages you have viewed. This collection and ad targeting takes place both on our Site and on third-party websites that participate in the ad network. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
Your Choices about the Information We Collect
If you do not wish to receive e-mails about special offers, new fashion trends, contests and other promotions from us or if you do not wish to receive other marketing materials by regular mail from us, please send us an e-mail by clicking here or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "UNSUBSCRIBE".
Privacy of Children Who Visit the Site
Company recognizes the importance of children's safety and privacy. The Site is not designed to attract children, and is not intended for use by any children under the age of 13. We do not request, or knowingly collect, any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. Minors under the age of 18 (but older than 12) may use the Site only under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by the Site's Terms & Conditions.
Your California Privacy Rights
Company collects various types of personal information about you during the course of your relationship with Company as a customer. Under California law, if you are a resident of California, you may make a written request to Company about how we have shared your information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If this law applies to you, you may obtain the categories of personal information shared by us and the names and addresses of all third parties that received personal information for their direct marketing purposes from us during the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2017 will receive information about 2016 sharing activities).
To make such a request (limit one request per year), please send an email to: email@example.com, with "California Privacy Rights" as the subject line or mail us a letter to: RTW Retailwinds, Inc., 330 West 34th Street, New York, NY 10001, Attn: Customer Service. You must include your full name, email address, and a valid California postal address in your request.
RTW Retailwinds, Inc.
330 West 34th Street
New York, NY 10001
Attn: Customer Service
California / Delaware Do Not Track Disclosures
Various third parties are developing or have developed signals or other mechanisms for the expression of consumer choice regarding the collection of information about an individual consumer's online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services (e.g., browser do not track signals). Currently, we do not monitor or take any action with respect to these signals or other mechanisms.
Visitors to the Site Outside of the United States
Updating Personal Information
We prefer to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date. If you would like to change your contact information, please go to My Account, and log in with your email address and password.
If so, we will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable (but we may retain prior information as business records). Please note that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases and that residual data may remain on backup media or for other reasons.
We incorporate commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of anyinformation you transmit to or from our Site, and you provide us with your information at your own risk.